King George V Pub
There is always something going on at the King George V
What to do before pub
Brompton village visit is must!
Brompton is a small village in the Medway Towns between Chatham and Gillingham and is only a few minutes walk from the front entrance to the famous Chatham Historic Dockyard.
The village pub was built in 1690 and overlooks the park. It specialises in real ales, Belgian beers and malt whiskies. Hot food is available while the pub is open but a big selection of dishes is served each lunchtime and evening. The Sunday roast is so popular you could be disappointed if you don’t book.
The letting rooms include a four-poster bedroom which overlooks the village green and a family room with a double and a single bed. Nearby Chatham Historic Dockyard boasts scores of attractions including Dickens World, the ropery, the RNLI national museum and a variety of old warships.
The bar area is decorated with naval and military memorbilia as it is walking distance from Brompton Barracks, the HQ of the Royal Engineers, whose officers often use the pub. There are also many links with the Navy from the times that ships from the Royal Navy used to dock at Chatham.
The King George V is perfect if you are on business or visiting the area for pleasure, so come to see us soon. We are listed in ‘The Good Beer Guide’ and we are ‘ Cask Marque’ accredited.
John and Diane have run the pub for almost five years during which time they have embarked on a massive refurbishment of the building.
John, who spent many years as a BBC journalist, moved into pubs after becoming a member of the British Guild of Beer Writers.
Some of the most important pub happening that drive our customers here everyday are:
- Diane uses her extensive culinery skills to produce some of the most wholesome food to be served in the Medway Towns.
- All-day 12″ pizza to eat in or takaway
- Live acoustic music on the last Sunday of each month
- A dark mild always available
- Free cheese board on Sunday evening
- Big selection of rum
- Kentish Cider on tap
- Four real ales on hand pump
- Dinner 1830 – 2030 Tuesday to Saturday
- More than 40 bottled Belgium beers
- Four superb letting rooms
- More than 30 single malts
- Monthly special £5 hot dish and drink deal
- Friendly atmosphere
- Beer festivals held regularly